For Android, the complex process of installing, configuring, and verifying the Android SDK has always been a bit of a chore. Dreamweaver CS5.5 takes all the pain out of this process by providing an “easy install” option, which will do all of the above for you in the background. But there is one problem. Dreamweaver 5.5 comes with an old version of phonegap and some things didn’t work. Here is a guide to update Dreamweaver CS 5.5 to the latest phonegap version. In my case I updated to version 0.9.5.1.
I wrote this guide for phongap 0.95. For version 1.0 step 7 is very important.
- Download latest phonegap version.
- Extract the downloaded zip file
- Open the “Android” folder in the extracted zip.
- Remove version from the filenames: Rename phonegap.0.9.5.1.jar to phonegap.jar and phonegap.0.9.5.1.js to phonegap.js
- Copy and overwrite phonegap.js to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5\configuration\NativeAppFramework\DWPhoneGap\android\PhoneGapApp\assets\www
- Copy and overwrite phonegap.jar to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5\configuration\NativeAppFramework\DWPhoneGap\android\PhoneGapApp\libs
- (Version 1.0 only) Copy the folder “xml”, with the plugins.xml file in it, to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5\configuration\NativeAppFramework\DWPhoneGap\android\PhoneGapApp\res
- In your existing mobile phonegap application, replace the old phonegap.js with the new one. And also delete previously builds binary folders like (“com.yourcompany.application_Android”)