Change WordPress 3.2 HTML-Editor Font

A good friend of me was not happy with the new HTML-Editor font in WordPress 3.2. So I wrote him a plugin to bring back the “old” font to WordPress 3.2.

Download

Installation:

1. Upload the whole plugin-folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
  2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
  3. Write a new post with the HTML-Editor and enjoy

15 Comments

Mike

Great! Thank you!

Luffer

about 3 years ago

Could you add this plugin to the WordPress repository to make installation easier and quicker? I don't have the knowledge to set up uploading to directories on my server, but I can click an "Install" link on the plugins page :)

Stevie

about 3 years ago

I'm still waiting for the approval from wordpress.org :)

Stevie

about 3 years ago

The plugin is now in the wordpress.org plugin repository! http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-31x-html-editor-font/

Luffer

about 3 years ago

This is brilliant! Shame it's needed in the first place, but at least a solution is available, thanks for making this!

John Horne

about 3 years ago

Is there a way top edit the plugin to make the change apply to the fullscreen (distraction-free-writing) editor as well?

John Horne

about 3 years ago

I just figured it out: Changed the css to red: #editorcontainer #content, #wp_mce_fullscreen I also changed to Panic Sans. Thanks for the great plugin!

Ian

Eric Uned

about 3 years ago

Thanks for the plugin! I´ve finally found it. Thats what i was looking for. Kind regards!!

Neil

about 3 years ago

WP 3.3 came out and this plugin is now broken. Would love a fix. Would also love it if the people at WP would stop jerking users around and make this an option. Fixing their autocratic unilateral changes is not my idea of customer friendly software.

Stevie

Neil
I updated it to wordpress 3.3. (It's plugin version 1.2) http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-31x-html-editor-font/

John Horne

Thanks for the update!

Neil

about 3 years ago

Thanks for such a quick response. Unfortunately, after I updated the plugin I'm not seeing any change to WP's default text. I don't think there are any settings I need to edit -- am I wrong? I tried logging out and in after updated the plugin but that didn't help.

Stevie

about 3 years ago

Thanks for such a quick response.Unfortunately, after I updated the plugin I’m not seeing any change to WP’s default text.I don’t think there are any settings I need to edit — am I wrong? I tried logging out and in after updated the plugin but that didn’t help.
Try to hit CTRL+F5 one or two times on the Editor-Page. Maybe the old CSS is cached.

Neil

about 3 years ago

Stevie, For some reason CTRL+F5 opens an "Open File" window on my machine, but I took your cache hint and ran with it. After clearing the cache on my browser (Firefox/most recent version) the plugin worked. Thanx! Neil